Pages

12.28.2009

One Year Ago

One year ago today, at about three in the afternoon, I took a pregnancy test and saw this:






And now, here we are, one year later.  We have a four month old daughter - a four month old.  I can't believe it.  Where did the last four months go... heck, where did the last year go?

Gabrielle is sitting up, with assistance, now.  If she's propped up, she can hold her stance for a good while.  She holds her head up nicely and looks around often - the past week or two she's bee noticing the cats more often.  She follows them when they walk by, or stares them down when they hang out nearby.  A couple weeks ago, Kitty had jumped up to sit by me and we were showing Gabby how to pet him.  He was fine with it ... until she grabbed his ear and pulled.  Oops!  :)  I've been putting her in her BebePod chair a little more and she's doing well with that.  She likes sitting up so much that she often wont let me hold her in a lying down position.  When she is lying, she's started bucking her back - yeah that's fun. 

Probably my favorite new trick of hers, is her reaction when she looks in the mirror.  I'll hold her in front of it, she'll see her reflection and mine and she'll break out into a big smile and then throw her face into my chest - a beautiful shy smile.  And then she repeats the action over and over.  She cracks me up.

She's trying to roll over, and with some help, she succeeds.  She's done it on her own a handfull of times.  She's found her feet and now grabs at them often.  She has her favorite toys (aside from Mom and Dad) and it's awesome to see that she's developing her own personality, her own likes and dislikes.  She really is her own little person and I am so excited to see her grow and develop more.

I am in love with our daughter and can't wait for the next year.  :)




...Stephanie...

No comments:

Post a Comment