I actually started a diet on New Year's Day. I didn't plan that. It's cliched, and it sets you up for failure. At least it would for me - because I hate dieting (uhm, who doesn't?) and limiting myself. And after a year of eating what I wanted (and being encouraged to do so because of pregnancy and breastfeeding), it's hard to go back to that dieting mind set.
I've done my share of diets. I've had success with Nutrisystem (good luck, Blair!), Weight Watchers and SlimFast. But they've all been temporary fixes because the weight always come back. I'm not claiming that what I'm doing this time around will be a permanent fix, but at least it will help me to get back to what normal eating is when you're not pregnant.
My diet of choice is The Flat Belly Diet. I read up a little on it and it sounded like something I could have success with. I thought it would be a fairly frugal option, too, since the book was only $7.99, and it claimed to be "budget maximizing." Ha. After hitting the grocery for all of the required foods for the first 11 days (the jumpstart period and the first week of the diet) and following the meal plan to a T, I can tell you that it is not a cheap diet.
But, nonetheless, here I am on day six and I do feel like I am eating better. That alone I suppose is worth it. I'm eating more fruits and veggies, drinking more water, forcing myself to eat. I forgot what it's like to feel digestion and actual hunger pains. When I was pregnant and hungry, I felt more sick than actually hungry. So I always had food with me and I was eating eating eating all the time.
I now have to watch the clock, making sure I am not going more than four hours between meals. I'm also not able to snack in order to get by without eating actual meals. Not that I would call what I am eating "meals," but it's better than what I was doing.
I'll try to keep a weekly update as far as how I am doing. I'm keeping on track so far. As far as results - I can't comment yet - it's a little too soon. I want to start exercising again too. That;s an area I have severly slacked off in. J was even awesome enough to get the Wii EA Active for me and I've used it a handfull of times (and really like it!). I just need to start back up. I guess that's what "tomorrow" is for.
Until next week...
No comments:
Post a Comment