Pages

2.12.2012

Weekly Wrap-Up

"Weekly" and not "Friday" because obviously I can't keep to a schedule.  But this is something anyone who knows me knows already.  No surprise there.

Stuff My Kids Did This Week:
-  Attended their first Mardi Gras parade of the season (it was Genna's first ever!).  I didn't take pictures because, well, handling two kids is enough work, not to mention that I forgot to pack diapers in the diaper bag and Genna was in desperate need of a change as soon as we parked on the parade route (thankfully we were next door to a Toys R Us), and THEN I went and somehow locked my keys in my car.  Wanna know the best part?  We didn't renew our AAA membership when it was up in October... and last week J locked his keys in his car.  Oh we ROCK at this, huh?  We were saved tho once my MIL showed up and reminded us that she has AAA, so yay for NOT having to call Pop-A-Lock and spending another $40.  Anyway, here's a cute picture of Gabby sporting her shades, some beads, and a funny noisemaker at the parade:


-  Genna is taking more steps here and there.  She's always so proud of herself when she stands up and is still standing after one step.  I forgot how exciting this all is.  And Gabby was only doing this a year and a half ago... time goes too fast, and my memory isn't keeping up.

-  Gabby found a lizard in the house.  This is like the third one we've found in the last month.  Weird.  Anyway both kids like to follow them around when they find one.  This time I caught the little fella and let Gabby hold him.  She was incredibly gentle.  Genna - not so much.  She grabbed him in her fist and was ready to take off with him, while I sat by freaking out, trying to pry her fingers open, hoping he was still alive.  lol



Stuff My Husband Did This Week:
-  Thanks to this pin, J helped me make our own laundry detergent. He washed a load of towels with it, and they are currently in the dryer where I have yet to remove them and fold them.  I mean, c'mon, we still have some in the other room.  Those are fine there for now.  :-P  I'll inspect them later and report back as to whether it was a success.  I will admit I'm a little worried about the rags really coming totally clean (we clean up after a baby and a toddler, ya'll...), but I think that's all in my head.  Soap is soap, right?

Stuff I Did This Week:
-  I made a hair appointment.  I'm set for February 25th to get a hair cut.  I haven't had a real change of style since January 2009.  I've let my hair grow long because with two kids I felt it was easier - with my long straight hair, I could just pin it back, let it air dry and I still would look sort of ok.  But now that the kids are getting older, I can spend a little more time on my hair.  So I'm ready for a chop.  Like a big-time change.  My hair board on Pinterest will give some idea of what I'm thinking.  Short, for sure.  Then today I went and blow dried my hair for the first time in weeks and got all nervous about cutting it.  It's long.  Like below my bra strap long.  The longest it's been since our wedding in 2008. But whatever.  It's just hair, and I need a new start.  I've had similar cuts before so I'm not so scared... just wishing my appointment was sooner.


...Stephanie...

No comments:

Post a Comment