Pages

2.04.2012

Friday Wrap-Up

It's Friday, ya'll!  How was your week?  I am currently sipping on some chocolate wine so at least the end of my week is going well.  ;)  I'm also watching Jimmy Fallon.  And let's be honest: I have a little crush on him, but only because he's hilarious.  He just said, : Thank you vodka, for being the delete key of life.  *snort*  I'm also crossing my fingers that he does a show on location for next year's Superbowl too since it'll be here in NOLA!  Holla!

Stuff My Kids Did This Week:
-  Gabby is learning to dress herself.  I let her pick out her own clothes most days.  She chose her accessories this day - mom's scarf, mom's hat, and mom's old Christmas socks.  She's pretty awesome.


-  Genna made 10 months.  I'm kind of in denial over the fact that she will be a year old two months from now.  I haven't even begun to plan her party (I was planning Gabby's when she was six months!).  Where has the last year gone??

kinda over the picture thing, mom...


Stuff I Did This Week:
-  I dyed my hair tonight.  I wanted a dark auburn (like this!).  My result isn't that dramatic.  It's still pretty brown.  Although J was nice enough to be all like, "Wow your hair is really red! Oh wait did I say the wrong thing?  Should I have said - It's a subtle red!"  Uhm.. yeah, no.  I guess that's what you get for a $7.00 box at home in your bathroom vs. a $75 morning at the spa, right?  Oh woe-is-me-first-world-problems.

-  I only went to the gym once.  I woke up Tuesday morning so flippin' sick - like morning sickness kinda sick.  I even took a pregnancy test!  Given that was a negative, I was still left with the nausea and dizziness all day with no explanation.  Boo!  So the gym was out for a couple days, then I was just too lazy today.

-  I have finished my glass of ever-so-classy chocolate wine so that means it's time to wrap it up.

This Week's Confessions:
-  I saw a billboard advertising a tanning membership the other day.  I suddenly realized how much I missed it.  Like I swear I never even THINK about that.  Tanning=cancer in my book (despite the fact that I did use tanning beds in high school and my early 20's, but I blame that on ignorance and self-indulgence, which is no excuse but still, ya know) and I wont ever use one again.  But man, for about five minute I sat at that red light zoning out at that billboard thinking, "wow that was relaxing."  To lie in the heat of that bed, dozing off, the light blocked out by those creepy-ass goggles, just some really loud music, a fan blowing up your ass, and that chocolaty-coconut tanning lotion smell. I used to use tanning as an excuse to de-stress for 20 minutes a day.  Boy, did I live a privileged life.  I had no idea what stress was.  Oh woe-is-me-first-world-problems.  Again.

-  I don't GET Instagram.  I have the app.  I just don't get it.  Like I have time to edit every friggin' pic I take with my phone.  But then I see everyone with all their cool instagram "photo dumps" and uber-cool instagram collage prints and I'm all jealous that my cell pics don't look that awesome.  I think I might give it a try.  Be prepared for even more picture obnoxiousness.


...Stephanie...

No comments:

Post a Comment