Pages

12.16.2010

C'mon already

I swear this feels like the longest Christmas season ever.  I am ready for it to just be done with.  That's sad.  :(  Not to mention our poor dead Christmas tree.  J asked me, "Did you have to post a picture of it on FB?"  Uh yeah... cause it's sad and kind of funny actually.  Poor sad tree - nothing but lights and a crooked angel... we have yet to put the ornaments on.  We suck.  lol

But really, I think being a SAHM has two sides to it.  A) the days FLY by.  When I was working, both before Gabby arrived and after, the days dragged.  I sat at my desk drumming my fingers, finished with whatever work I had to do just praying the clock would speed up.  Now, being at home, it's 5:00pm before I can even blink.  That part sucks.  And B) time in general doesn't always fly by.  Weird, right?  Given that the days themselves seem to zoom past, a month will take for-EVER to pass by. 

Like this month, for example.  Gabrielle's Christmas shopping is complete.  "Santa's" stash is in the spare room for now, still unwrapped and taunting me (and sometimes Gabby, when she sneaks in and catches a glimpse of it all!) - "Oohhh aren't you BORED?  Play with meeee!"  And really ya'll, I am two seconds away from opening a new gift each day just because I am bored and I know it will excite Gabby.  I'm pulling my hair out here just waiting for Christmas to get here.  Especially when she digs through her toy bin throwing out toy after toy... she must be thinking - "Do I look like I am six months old?  What IS this toy??"

9 days left.  Tick tock.

We did finally put together her tricycle tho.  This one:



She was given it at her birthday party four months ago but she's just now getting to be big enough to sit in it - her feet are nowhere near the ground or pedals still tho haha).  It's pretty sweet, too.  That's at least one new toy, one new plaything to keep us both entertained for a few days, huh?  I also picked up an unplanned toy purchase that was on sale at Toy R Us yesterday.  It took a lot of willpower just on my end to not open it up as soon as we got home.

Anyone going crazy wanting to open your kid's presents now just because you want to play with them?  ;)


...Stephanie...

No comments:

Post a Comment