Pages

9.15.2010

Gabrielle's 1st Birthday

... a quick recap!

Theme:  Ladybugs.
Location:  Our home.
Weather:  Good god remind me to never host a party at our house in late August and invite 50 people.  Holy crap, it was HOT!

So we had a big group over - mostly family.  We were also celebrating Jimmy's birthday (in case you don't remember, Gabby and Jimmy share a birthday!).  It was so much more work that I anticipated - especially when I decided to make all the cakes.  The house smelled like a bakery for two days before the party and I swore afterwards I never wanted to see cake again.  lol  I totally had fun making them tho - but next year, I dunno... I may be placing an order at the bakery.  :-P 

When it came time to sing happy birthday, Gabby was a little freaked.  We had her all set up in her high chair with 30+ people just staring at her waiting.  Once I put her hat on, that was it, out came the frown and the tears.  lol  Poor baby.  But when the cake came out and the hat was taken off - she was all smiles for the cameras!  She picked at the cake at first, and then took her time making her way through it.

By the end of the day we were all exhausted.  And I kid you not, it totally took me like a week to clean up.  ha.  Anyway, here are a few pics - enjoy!



Gabby's main cake, and smash cake.  I made both!

I also made Jimmy's cake - it said "Happy Birthday Jimmy" around it.

Uh oh...

That's better!

Family pic

Totally enjoying her cake!





...Stephanie...

2 comments:

  1. That cake is SO cute! And I love the sign. Very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that last picture of Gabby! Those cakes turned out so greatß

    ReplyDelete