Pages

6.18.2009

Week 29: June 15 - June 21

Firmly in the third trimester now. That's what my my doctor said this morning. Baby now has a good chance if he/she were to be born now - minus the maturity of the lungs, which we're still really waiting on. Awesome. :)

So... a squash? Right. At my 29 week appt this morning the doctor did the usual heartbeat check (have I mentioned that I love that she does this at every appointment?) and then felt for the baby. He/She is currently positioned vertically and more on my right hand side. She had to wait a minute to really check tho because when she went to initially she said I was contracting so she needed to wait a minute. I know the uterus contracts regularly before labor starts and that usually I wont feel it, but it's still weird to think it was doing it right then and there - and so much so that she couldn't feel for the baby. Weird. Otherwise, everything else is going perfectly. Passed the 1-hour glucose test, I'm not anemic, blood pressure is perfect, no other problems to speak of and I'm measuring right on schedule. Perfect. :)

And of course to add to it - the baby has been moving like crazy! This alone makes my day sometimes. I finally know what everyone was always talking about. And it's weird sometimes that I don't have to even feel like kicks or arms or whatever, just that I can sense the baby's general movement. It's such an alien-like feeling, but so wonderful. And I'm loving that J is feeling him/her more regularly too! Especially when we're in bed and falling asleep - if I'm lying on my right side, that's when the baby reallllly likes to start moving around. It excites me every time. :)
Hm... I have lots of smilies in this post. Guess I'm just in a great mood today. :)

Here's this week's belly pic. I took this Monday before heading out to work. Ha.


1 comment: