Week 9 - 1.26 thru 2.1
I figured I'd start a weekly post kind of running down how I feel, what I'm experiencing and how we're getting prepared for BB ("Baby B - lastname).-- The morning sickness is still hanging around. Not as bad as last week, for the most part, but still hitting in waves. I've been worse at night this week. The fatigue is still here, too. I try as much as I can to avoid naps because I feel worse afterwards - not so much tired, but just nauseated.
-- My hunger also comes in waves: I go from hating the sight and smell of food, to dying to eat. I carry food with me everywhere I go for those time when the hunger hits. I'm trying to up my fluid intake, but it's been hard since so many things upset my stomach. I'm actually forcing cranberry juice down right now in hopes that it clears up whatever bladder-infection type feelings I have right now. Please, please, pleeeaaase don't let me get a UTI.
-- I'm waddling. Ha. Not because I've gained weight, not because my belly is messing with my walking. No, none of that is happening yet, but I am suffering from sciatic nerve pain. It hurts worse at night. Earlier this evening I was making dinner and had to laugh at how I was walking. Apparently, my uterus is what's causing this lovely new pain. It doesn't really even hurt as much as just feel, well, weird. It's a slight pain, with stiffness... kind of feels like my hips need to pop. Depending on the day, the pain will move into my upper thigh or lower back, but mostly it just hurts around my right butt cheek. I tried to massage it myself (now there's a sight), and had J try a little massage, but it's not helping.
-- I am obsessed with iced tea. I found some decaf tea bags and made tea repeatedly thru the week.
-- I have also discovered the wonderous healing powers of a can of Coke. I'm normally not a big soft drink person. In high school I went on a diet and cut out all soft drinks and although before pregnancy I would get a random craving for one (they are the best with a French Quarter Port Of Call burger, at a crawfish boil, or with peanut butter and jelly sandwhiches!!!), I wouldn't typically drink one. This weekend tho, J's Cokes in the fridge called to me. I figured the sweetness of the coke syrup would help with my upset stomach - and it did! Not to mention the fabulous burp I had after. I'm talkin' nasty cartoon character Homer Simpson type burps - and mroe than one! And after each one I felt SO much better. I had another can earlier today when I was feeling pretty gross and I have felt amazing since. Unfortunately thye are the full caffiene Cokes, so I'll have to run to the grocery to get some decaf before I need another.
-- We haven't done much to get ready for the baby's arrival. We realize we have a lot of time. J has started clearing out the spare bedroom that will become the nursery and we've been getting rid of extra furniture we had lying around. He also revamped our master bedroom closet so we could clear our extra clothes out of the nursery closet. Wow... nursery that's insane to think of... we'll actually have a child sleeping in that room before this year is over... just wow. When I walk in the room and see an empty room it's quite interesting. My wedding dress is no longer sprawled out, wedding gifts have finally been picked up and stored properly, the closet is empty, the futon is gone... it's a fresh clean palette. It's exciting and still a little scary!
I'm glad the coke is making you feel better!
ReplyDelete