Pages

1.27.2012

Friday Wrap-Up

In an attempt to try to actually use this blog more I'll try to at least do a little wrap up each week.  Let's see how and where this goes, huh?

Stuff My Kids Did This Week:
-  Gabby was given her own cleaning kit as a Christmas gift - complete with vacuum, mop, etc.  When I vacuum or mop now, she follows behind me with hers, exclaiming, "This house is a MESS!"

-  Genna climbs on any and every thing now.  Still not walking, unless she's holding on to and walking behind something she can push, but boy is she is climber.  I was doing laundry the other night while Jimmy was at Target buying diapers (oh, the exciting life we lead), running the bath for the girls (this explains why they are both in nothing more than diapers).  When I came out of the laundry room I found this:


That's Gabby's art desk.  Genna had climbed up pretty much as high as she can get and was just kind of hanging out there.  Obviously I am mother of the year here because my first thought was totally not, "OMG GRAB THE BABY!" but rather, "OMG WHERE DID GABBY PUT MY PHONE? I NEED A PICTURE OF THIS!"

Stuff My Husband Did This Week:
-  I guess this is kind of last week but let's not get too technical here - hell I haven't updated this blog in uh.... yeah ok.  So, he took me to dinner for my birthday.  We went to La Petite Grocery.  First time for both of us.  We both really liked it.  The food was awesome.  This could also be because I had two pretty good cocktails, we were out to dinner ALONE for the first time since May of 2010, I was eating things with CREAM and CHEESE in them (if you don't know - Genna, who is breastfed, had an allergy/sensitivity to dairy but seems to be growing out of it - woot - so I was off of all dairy as well... which sucked), the chef sent out two desserts - butter pecan madeleines and butterscotch pudding.  Y'all I am drooling just thinking about that pudding right now.  Ok so I guess it's not really something he did - but it kind of is - let me just say that I kind of love his job.  ha!

Stuff I Did This Week:
-  I went to the gym ONCE.  Weight loss fail.  Although, I do plan to go in a little bit.  It's 4:15pm right now and the kids are still asleep.  THEY'RE BOTH ASLEEP, Y'ALL!

-  And a whole lotta nothing. Aside from the SAHM duties, which if you ask my husband he'll tell you I kind of suck at, but yeah.  I did manage to purchase a new bra (on sale woohoo!) and probably the ugliest shoes I have ever owned.

They are kind of reminiscent of like your mawmaw's old housecoat, right? J described them as something my mom would wear.  Hmm... I did kind of have a moment of regret when I opened the box, but then I remembered that their ugliness was exactly what I liked about them.  Plus they were $7.  Ha. What do you think? I don't really care tho, because ugly or "in" I'm totally gonna rock 'em because they are way more comfortable than a pair of $7 American Eagle no-arch-support-slip-on shoes should be.  In the same box was a pair of jeans.  They are "distressed" which means there's a giant hole in the knee.  J says I am too old to be wearing them.  They're also the most comfortable jeans I've worn since I gave up maternity jeans so I kind of don't care there either.  I guess mixing those shoes and those jeans I might look like a hobo.  Or maybe a hipster wannabe. Yikes.  29 is hitting me hard, y'all.  :-P

- I just collected the mail and it consisted of nothing more than the Victoria's Secret swimsuit catalog.  I kind of want to run it through the shredder.

...Stephanie...

No comments:

Post a Comment