Time for a little pregnancy update. Found this little survey on a bump board.
How Far Along: 36 weeks, today. At my last appt, at 35wks, doc said that baby would most likely come home with us (and not have to stay behind in the NICU) if I were to deliver now. Woot.
Size of Baby: Google says baby should be almost 6lbs. Last week, after feeling around my belly and squeezing baby (yeah for real haha) doc said baby was probably about 6.5lbs at that time. Says she expects a big baby if I go to full term. Yikes. Gabby was born at 38wks and was 7.5lbs...
Total Weight Gain/Loss: Right at 20 even. Gained a total of 27 with G.
Maternity Clothes: I have a mix of maternity and non-maternity clothing that I wear. Most of the stuff tho is just shirts/sweaters in a larger size than I would normally wear. I have some maternity/nursing tops tho that will work well for after the baby is born. The only consistently maternity item I wear is my mat. jeans. And even those I am sick of and no comfortable wearing at this point. As soon as I get home, off they come and on goes the old navy (non-mat.) yoga pants.
Movement: All day. No real pattern to it. G always seemed to have a party right at midnight - every.single.night. Right on cue. But this baby is just all over the place.
Symptoms: Back pain. Did I have back pain like this with G? I don't remember. But it sucks. Inability to breath. Heart burn every night... I eat tums a couple times thru the night. Not sleeping well. Because I have to change position repeatedly, and get up to pee, or eat a tums. ha. The sciatica has returned, now on BOTH sides. Ugh. Only ONE leg cramp this whole pregnancy - woot!!
What I Miss: Wine. Daiquiris. (well don't I just sound like a lush?) Raw oysters. Walking w/o waddling/pain/breathlessness. Working out (can you believe that??). Bending over. Shaving my legs easily. Sleeping on my back or belly.
Girl, Boy, or Team Green: Still Team Green. We have still yet to have anyone venture a guess as to what the baby is too. With G, everyone under the sun would tell us how obvious it was that she was a girl - and they were all right. But I personally have no real feeling one way or the other and feel like this birth will be even more of a surprise because of that. I really cannot wait to see if we have a Ginny or an Alex!
Cravings: Sweets, constantly. Just like last time. Or minty chocolate. Just like last time, too. With G I ate my weight in York Peppermint Patties. lol With this baby it's been mint chocolate chip ice cream, or homemade Shamrock Shakes. Or peanut butter cups - I bought a lot of those over Valentines.
Is your nursery done? Hahahahhahahhhahahahah. Uhm, no. J is working on it. But I'm ok with it right now. I might just be in denial tho. lol I ordered a co-sleeper, so at least the baby will have a place to sleep, right? And the bouncy seat is on the way. And I'll order the pack n play from Amazon soon and that should only take two days to get here. So yeah... the nursery will get done when it gets done. I'm over it this time. :-P Funny how different it is with a second baby... poor second child. lol
What are you really looking forward to? See the above "What I Miss" section. I also really can't wait to see how Gabby is with a little sibling. How she interacts with him/her. How the two of them interact together. I didn't have a sibling close in age when I was growing up (my half brothers were 13 and 8 years older... neither of them lived with me) so it will be fun to see how they are.
Can you still paint your toenails? Yeah, I did about a week/two weeks ago. Just sit and cross my legs "man-style" and grab ahold of my feet. It's tiring, but it works. Ha. I need to schedule a pedicure.
Are you getting nervous? Yes. It'll be wild around here with two-under-two. Holy moly. Plus I feel more nervous about THIS labor and delivery than I did last time. I had no clue what to expect last time. I feel like I went in blindly (depite the classes and videos and books) in regards to a med-free birth. I did succeed and I am proud of that. But now I KNOW that it takes, I know what to expect and what's involved and how my body reacts... and I'm freaked out. Haha.

No comments:
Post a Comment