Pages

2.20.2011

33 Weeks - an update and more

Let's start with a belly pic, shall we?


Oh yeah, here's what I look like lately.  Hah!


33 weeks, friends.  Almost there.  Now let's get down to business.

1.)  I had an OB appointment this week.  I've been going more frequently this pregnancy.  I don't think I started two weeks visits until after 32 weeks last time, and then one week visits at 36 weeks.  So far, since 25 weeks, I've gone every two weeks, and now we're at one week visits.  The doc's concern?  Pre-term labor.  TMI ALERT!  I dilated early with Gabby and delivered at 38 weeks.  Full term, sure, but that's still a good two weeks early for a first time mom.  With the pressure and contractions I've felt thus far, my OB wants to keep a close eye on things.  At last weeks visit, she was pretty serious about the current state of my cervix (soft, tho not exactly dilated) and about me staying off of my feet (no shopping/cooking/cleaning/walking/etc etc) and staying hydrated in order to keep this baby inside for another four weeks.  At least.  That's a far change from last time when she was constantly telling me to walk walk walk.  She's been telling me to take it easy (no exercise, limit walking and lifting) since 25 weeks.  Yikes.  So the goal is 36 weeks... which is three weeks away from today.

1.5.)  Which leads us back to this week's appointment:  Looking good.  My OB said in general I just look better.  She asked if I had been taking it easy, staying planted on the couch and I said yes (because I have been - can you believe it?) and she said to keep it up.  Baby is currently riding very high - where we want to keep him/her for a little while longer.  I haven't had any real contractions to speak of - aside from those I was feeling while I was sick witha  24 hour stomach bug - but I am attributing those to a bit of dehydration.  ANYWAY... we're all ok for now.  As long as I keep taking it easy... which seems to get harder and harder.

2.)  Gabrielle is amazing.  Seriously.  I could go on and on about my kid but then you'd just get sick of hearing how perfect and smart and gifted I really truely feel she is.  I am amazed by her every single day.  And I've said it before, being a SAHM is hard, yo, but my god it's pretty cool too. 

3.)  I planned, last week, to enroll G and myself in a local playgroup thing (with drop in times, and special events/classes), to attend "sing and storytime" at the library, to attend a music class, and to look into signing G and either myself or J up for a "Waterbabies" class for March.  Right... that's not happening now - not with me unable to leave the flippin' house mostly.  Someone please give me ideas to keep my 18 month old entertained thru the day.  I think we've completely worn out the puzzles, every alphabet toy we own (have I mentioned she knows every letter?  amazing!) and the books are falling apart.  Anyone know where I can find, like, preschool kind of outlines?  As in, curriculum for educating a preschooler?  I need some lesson plans or something to keep me and G entertained and learning learning learning.  She is seriously a sponge lately and I don't want to waste this opportunity.

4.)  Baby#2's room is still insanely incomplete.  Like... totally.  The to-do list has had nothing scratched off of it yet.  And I don't know how we are going to get this done.  I am freaking out here.  Since the doctor has a goal of 36 weeks, that gives us until March 8th... Mardi Gras Day.  Ack!  Anything after that will just be lagniappe.  How funny when my original due date is April 5th.

5.)  I can't type any more right now... or really ever these days.  I typed most of this up much much earlier in the week and it has sat as a draft for a while now.  Everytime I think to update it, including uploading a picture, Gabby is pulling me away from the computer - or like right as this moment - refusing to go to sleep.  What has happened to my perfect sleeper... I am beside myself exhausted these days because she just will.not.sleep.  WTF, man... w..t...f!


...Stephanie...

No comments:

Post a Comment