Pages

11.02.2009

Gabrielle's Tutu

So I saw them all over the bump - the little tutus.  In a million different colors.  They are all just too cute - I had to have one for Gabrielle.  After checking a few prices around online (etsy mainly) I was shocked at the prices.  I mean $40 for that?  Right.  So I set out to make my own.  Couldn't be that hard huh?

Well it wasn't!  I spent all of about $8 on the supplies - ribbon and two spools of tulle.  Now, it did take me a while to finish it, but that's because I have a scattered brain and tend to start a project only to let it sit on the kitchen table for a week while I ignore it and eventually pick it back up to finish.  In all I probably spent two whole hours actually working on it - ya know if it wasn't spaced out between caring for Gabrielle, etc.

So anyway, here's a picture I managed to get of her all dolled up in it.  I love how it turned out and hope to get more shots of her once she's able to sit or hold herself up a little better when on her belly.






6 comments:

  1. Precious! What did you secure the tulle too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindsay - I just used ribbon. I measured her, then cut the ribbon to fit (adding extra to tie it in the back) and tied the pieces of tulle to the ribbon itself. Some instructions call for a piece of elastic banding that you cut to size and sew, but I wanted something that would allow me to tie it as she grows. Plus the ribbon was cheaper. haha. The ribbon tied around her head was extra I had left over. I alternated groups of two or three pieces of ivory and light pink tulle. Super easy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It turned out great! Now I just need to get KU with a girl! hehehe :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is just too stinkin precious! I love her smiles in her 2 month pictures as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute! Maybe you should give those etsy sellers some competition. :P

    ReplyDelete