First, let's see how Gabby has grown. The last pic I posted was her 4-week Pooh pic, so here's she is at 6 weeks:
Annnd then 8 weeks! Smiling!
So what has the last month brought about? Aside from Gabby growing and doing so quite well (she's over nine pounds now - yay!), I guess there's hasn't been much to post about. I am still trying to get into a decent routine - which I have failed at - aside from the "routine" of falling asleep on the sofa most nights after a middle of the night feeding or the "routine" of not showering until after noon. Last week, I did manage to leave the house almost every day so I see that as a huge accomplishment. Getting out with the baby is becoming easier and I don't stress over it as much. I can even manage to get her ready and myself ready without anyone's help so as little as that may seem, I am proud of it. Regardless of whether it takes me three hours to do so. lol
We got a new car last month - well, new to us. We were in need of it and I'm really happy with it. It's a 2007 Ford 500 so it's the newest car we've owned and it's huuuuge. The trunk is amazing. lol I never thought I'd ever want to drive a car like this, but I am loving it! It's so much bigger than my little Sunfire, and that makes me feel much safer with Gabby in the back. Plus it's a lot easier to unload her than it was in J's truck.
Hmm... what else? I spoke with my work this past week about returning in November. I am set to return on the 16th, but I was worried about who would watch Gabby during the week. Given J's schedule and the help we have available from my mother-in-law and father-in law, I will only be working three to four days a week - still in the afternoons and early evenings so really about 15 - 20 hours a week. 20 is stretching it (meaning I doubt I will work that much given our clientel), but every little bit helps and it's the most I can do without us seeking outside childcare. Which I don't see the point in anyway... why would I work soley to pay for the childcare?
Right... so.... Oh! My cousin's wedding is this week! I'm excited about that - I'm the matron of honor so that's awesome. Three days of wedding events this week so it'll be busy. I guess I should enjoy staying in and catching up on rest today and tomorrow.
So yeah, not much else to say. I miss cooking and baking. Ok, not cooking so much as baking, but still... I miss it. And I miss cleaning. That's weird - going from the girl who hated chores... who refused to lift a finger as a child and teen and almost as much as an adult... now I miss it. It drives me crazy - how cluttered and dirty the house gets - and mainly how quickly! And I hate bossing J around, telling him what to do... even when he offers. I still have this feeling that it's MY duty... as wife. That's my own problem tho. Gabby takes up all of my time (which isn't a bad thing, but it is what it is) so I can't do the things I used to do in my free time. And if I do find myself with free time, I spend it napping or just eating - unfortunately my meals aren't much more than cereal or breakfast shakes mostly, but then it's kind of hard to cook real food when 'm getting excited thinking about what I want to make. I've been forming my list in my head for months now and I'll start writing it and my ingreidents list out soon. It's mostly desserts - I love making dessert - and a few sides that are staples for our Thanksgiving dinners. I'll probably share my list in a few days (will I get a chance to update again? haha). Oohhh I can just smell it all already!
And speaking of food (right..) I did the 30-Day Shred this afternoon. Hm... I guess I could have spent that half an hour cleaning huh? Whatever - the holidays are here and I need to drop this baby weight... ya know, so I can eat. lol Not to mention to combat the extreme quantities of chocolate I have been consuming thanks to the huge Halloween candy aisles and my lack of self control! Anyway last time I did this DVD was last November or December before I found out I was pregnant. Wow was it tough! But I felt so good afterwards - aside from being super sore. I'm hoping I don't feel it tooooo much tomorrow - I'd like to do it again - really stick to the every day rule. We'll see...
Anyway, I think I should wrap this up... I can hear Gabby stirring.
She is so cute!
ReplyDelete