It's 6:30 am. On a Saturday. And I am awake. And have been for two hours now. Who am I? haha
I never realized I could function on this little sleep. I've gotten about four hours total in the past 24. I guess that's not too bad... but this is coming from someone who regularly slept well over 10 hours a night sometimes. Boo.
Anyway, I have a ton of pictures and of course my birth story to share and eventually I'll get around to uploading it all and sharing. If anyone who reads this is a Facebook friend, then you've seen some pics already... but of course we have new ones daily - I'm amazed at how much Gabby changes on a daily basis!
She's really been an easy baby... I know it's only a week in here, and if I hear one more person tell me to "just you wait!" I might scream, but this hasn't been so bad. We've had lots of visitors and help as well and that's been wonderful. I haven't had to cook a single thing all week, and my mom and dad have been keeping up our household chores that we can't get to. I am really thankfull. J and I are learning to take shifts with her at night as well. It's really the only "trouble" spot. She sleeps like a doll all day but I find her to be wide awake or just unable to fall into a deep sleep at night - and I'm a sucker and usually just want to hold her so we can both get some form of sleep.
I will admit tho that when I'm left alone with just me and Gabby, it feels kind of lonely. Yesterday, J worked a double (yikes) so my mom and dad stayed with me all day; later my cousins came to visit and then my aunt as well. They all left tho right at about the same time that evening and suddenly the house was extra quiet... it was weird.
My parents are in town from Missouri and I'm unsure how long they will be here. I want them to visit with Gabby as much as possible before they go back up - and I like the help. Normally I have a hard time with them being in town, but this time is different... I'm not sure how I'll feel when they leave and I'm kind of dreading it.
Anyway I guess there's not much else to say right now. Gabby is fussing a little - time to eat!
aww! she's such a good girl! but i can't wait til she gets a little older to see if she's going to be quiet or sassy! :)
ReplyDelete