Pages

4.13.2009

Week 20: April 13 - April 19






Week 20! We're halfway there! Woohoo!

Here is this week's bump pic:


I had to squeeze my shirt so you could actually see it. ha. The shirt despite being a pre-pg shirt, has this weird bagginess right under the boobs. I actually liked it and wore it a lot this past summer.


J and I had an ok Easter. I was kind of upset, I'll admit, that we didn't get a real Easter dinner. Maybe it's just because of how I grew up... In my family (a rather small one) everyone would bring a dish and we'd all sit down around and eat - all at one table or at the same time at least. We had the staples: a turkey, a ham, mashed potatoes and whatever other dishes I cannot recall right now. With J's family, we usually gather late in the afternoon and some people bring dishes, but for the most part, it's expected that each branch of the family will eat at another relative's first, then gather together late in the day for "round 2."


This year it was just weird. Granted, we experienced the loss of a loved one this week as well so that added to the weirdness. I planned to visit my family first but when J and I were ready to get going and eat, it turns out the family had already eaten (probably two hours earlier) and we didn't want to bust in all late, so that was a no-go for us. When we made it to J's family, no one was there... after a few hours some family showed up, but no one brought any food. We ended up having ham sandwiches on french.... as Easter dinner. I was pretty bummed. I guess I just miss those standards - those foods that we could rely on every couple of months.


I think, now, that since I am off this Saturday I will make my own Easter dinner - a week late but who cares. I'll gather my ingredients thru the week, prepare little pieces here and there and then enjoy a huge, warm, home-cooked, feel-good meal. Even if J is working and I eat it all alone. I'm thinking so far (and drooling as I sit here) of a turkey, some potatoes, stuffed manicotti, some good potato rolls ... what else? I'm sure I'll come up with something.


Who wants to come over and help me eat it all? :)

1 comment:

  1. cute bump! I can't wait to have a bump...this bloat is disgusting...ugh.
    Sorry your Easter was blah. I worked =(
    Yay for hitting the half way mark!

    ReplyDelete