Mardi Gras was this week! Other years I have looked forward to Mardi Gras for the weeks leading up to it -- it was definetly different this year. With our schedules, to begin with, J and I weren't able to make it to many parades. We planned to go out for Bacchus tho since we try to spend that Sunday out on the parade route all day. We got a late start tho, and missed the first three parades - oops!! I think, given that we are usually on opposite schedules, I like simply waking up slowly with him and enjoying the lounge around time that a free Sunday morning offers. I'm trying to savor it all before out life changes. :)Anyway, it did turn out to be a beautiful day. It was sunny and cool and as long as I had some hot cocoa, I didn't complain too much about freezing my butt off. Ha. We did head outa little early, and didn't finish the full parade (hey - it's a long one!) so we could beat the traffic. Plus I was just really tired. Don't get me wrong here, I had fun, but Mardi Gras is definetly a drinking person's holiday.
Two days later, on actual Mardi Gras Day, J had to work (but not until the evening when most festivities were done with) and I opted to stay home instead of heading out into the crowds and lack of bathrooms. lol I was a little bitter at first - I sat on the sofa and watched all of the parades and parties from home and all the newscasters kept talking about was what a beautiful day it was - how perfect the weather was. Darn it. We get "perfect" MG Days so rarely it seems -- they are either freezing, or rainy, or hot as heck - but now, the one I miss, the one I don't want anything to do with, was the best one ins years. Damn weather. lol I got over it tho, but I did tell J that one of these years, we need to at least try Bourbon Street on MG Day. That's one thing I have always steered clear of, but I really want to try it out - just to people watch at the least.
No comments:
Post a Comment