Pages

3.07.2009

Flatware


It only took nearly 10 months...
But a baby on the way really make you start realizing that its time to clean out that spare bedroom. I mean, he/she can't exactly sleep on top on the box of china now can he/she? Hm... so today's single easy project came as a spur of the moment thought. That closet has go to be cleaned. J did an awesome job already of clearing the big stuff out of it. I decided this afternoon to actually take the silver we got for our wedding and put it into it's storage chest.


I didn't realize how much we were given! One of J's aunts was very sweet and gave us a full twelve settings, including beaucoup serving pieces. I don't even have a clue how to use most of this stuff, but I'm glad to have it and it will go nicely with our china ... whenever we actually unpack that and put it into a china cabinet/hutch ... that we also don't have yet. Ha. I can dream right?
It took less time than I thought it would - I don't know why I was thinking it would be a chore. Of course my bits of OCD emerged and I kinda freaked when I realized that the steak knives woulnd't fit (uh oh....) and the chest can really only hold ten settings (again, we have twelve... and actually only have eight place settings of china!) and the serving pieces were too numerous to really fit as well. **sigh** I hate when everything can't be all together in one little box.


Nonetheless, I only put in ten settings, and kept the others on the side, along with the pieces that just woulnd't fit. I guess I can just put them all in the china cabinet when we get that. I'm way to picky to mix it in with our current everyday flatware. I mean... I even still use our old funky dunky stuff for "prep" jobs... I don't want to mess anything up.



I'll have to go into that topic another day ... my obsession with having duplicates of everything in the house - a "good" set and an "everyday" set. Of literally everything it seems.

Anyway for now, I can't even enjoy the flatware.... it's in it's little chest, and back int he box the chest came in, and well... back in the closet until we can figure out where the heck to keep it.

Anyone have a spare china cabinet you're not using?

No comments:

Post a Comment