Pages

3.31.2009

Botanical Gardens

the standard self portrait!

Sunday, J was planning to take some engagement pictures of my cousin and her fiance. Unfortunately, because City Park was really crowded and one of the spots he planned on taking them, the Botanical Gardens, was closed for a private event, we decided it was probablt best to reschedule. Since J and I were already there at the park, we decided to walk around and enjoy the remaining part of the afternoon. As we were walking, a couple stopped us and told us about the event going on in the gardens. It was a wine tasting - they had tickets but had to leave and were offering them to us. So we said sure!

It was a nice little event, pretty crowded, but there was so much wine and food to choose from. I did my research and decided to go with one little sample of some riesling. Ohhhh best ever! lol We didn't eat much - earlier in the afternoon we had gone to lunch at a restaurant out at the lakefront so we were still pretty full. We eventually started wandering around the gardens and J was able to take a few pictures to get a better idea for the e-pics. It was a good opportunity for him to play with positioning, the light, etc. I even took a few pictures of him! ha.


Anyway, below are a few that I really liked and wanted to share. :)




the sun was setting during this pic and was shining directly into my face - even with my glasses on, I couldn't see Jimmy.

holding on to our wine glasses and menus after the tasting. isn't this an awesome tree? gotta love Live Oaks!

we made our way to the Bamboo/Zen Garden and tried this little spot. i can see some good portraits being shot in this space - it's really cute.



it's a little dark, but you get the idea - another belly shot -- 18 weeks! :)


hey lookit - I took this one! my cute hubby!



this one and the next, J actually made me feel pretty in a picture. after months of feeling just gross, I was really excited to see how these two came out. thanks, love. <3


hey - 18 weeks!





2 comments: