Pages

10.15.2008

Halloween Decor

I've always wanted to decorate our home for each season. Last year, as the holidays came around, we had only been actually living in our house for a few weeks - we were barely unpacked and had little furniture - seasonal decor wasn't a priority. This year isn't proving to be much different. Yeah, we have furniture now and I actually have the time to do it, but financially... I just don't want to overdo it, cost wise. Unfortunately, I also seem to have "champagne taste," as my mom says. So, I'd rather have very little, then a bunch of stuff I dont really like.
So for halloween, so far I've got this:


Simple, low key. Those are dollar-store candy corn, too, so I wont be eating those!
(I am that picky with my candy corn)
As for outside, I found some old purple and orange twinkle lights we had from our previous life (aka, pre-Katrina house) I wanted to put up around the door, but I am so NOT mechanically inclined that I don't want to risk even trying on my own. I might get J to do it for me one day. In the meantime, I stuck this sad little pumpkin up in the window above our kitchen sink. heh.

And since I brought it up, I'll leave you with a funny little picture we took of ourselves back during our first halloween in the house. This was October of 2004. That jack-o-lantern didn't last long: a tree branch fell on it literally like 10 minutes after the picture was taken and smooshed him to pieces. Poor pumpkin. :(




No comments:

Post a Comment