I'm trying to get an idea on what to do as far as cakes for my cousin's engagement party. I figured I could do two small side cakes on either side of a rum cake (yeah, three cakes total... but none too big). The theme is loosely fleur de lis, and their wedding colors. I used whatever cake mix and icing I had on hand - which was white cake, choc icing. I threw a chocolate FDL on top for fun... not at alllllll what I pictured. Of course, I don't have a small pan on hand (I wanted it to be either or 7 inches - this is 9!). Not to mention even tho it's four layers, it's terribly feeble looking. I never have success with iced cakes. It's just not my thing.
So, here's my sad little attempt. Excuse the shoddy Blackberry pics - too lazy to whip out the real camera.


I dunno what I'm going to do with it... I'm sure it's tasty, but I can't eat it. :( Anybody want some cake?
No comments:
Post a Comment